Thursday, February 13, 2014

                                                  Back in the saddle, painting that is.

The warm season is almost gone, and here i am staring at a blank canvas. lost that excitement i had in May.
Staring at my horse painting , and wondering how much of that did i retain. i needed something to steer me into the right direction. maybe another horse painting. So i e-mail Diane if i could use one of her fab photos to recreate that happy workshop. The lady is very talented, not only in her paintings, but also a very sharpshooter with the  camera. Diane Williams if you want to check out her work.
I told her which one i like and she gracefully said yes.
yipee
I wasted no time in getting started. I had the charcoal stick in my hands and had it sketched out before the day was done. the canvas was covered with charcoal, and i looked like the chimney sweep apprentice.
it's all good.
in the name of art.
the fun began when i started to throw the paint on. What a roller coaster ride. i was mentally and emotionally challenged. I had to push threw the challenges the painting presented. But in the end, the birth of 
Eating Spaghetti on Horseback 
was born.
I learned so much about myself going through this process. The art of letting go. The art of allowing. Experiencing freedom. And most of all the art of play.


   

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sister...so great to see you writing finally! And on your paintings makes it even sweeter. Enjoy the journey back to you....")

    ReplyDelete
  2. stay tuned, will be adding more. cheers inet

    ReplyDelete